In small and confined spaces such as bathrooms, every minute detail matters. With the right combination of tile work, wall color, lighting and fixtures you can easily convert an old and dull looking bathroom to a stylish and lively retreat. Proper bathroom remodel in OKC, Texas, requires well planned strategies and a fair amount of determination for getting the job finished. Let’s know about the necessary elements required in achieving the look of a luxurious and magnificent looking bathroom.
Finalizing Budget and Planning
Adequate amount of time must be invested in learning how to professionally remodel a bathroom space. Additionally to making decisions on the decor, design, paint colors, tiles and fixtures, forming a sound budget lays the foundation for successful bathroom design. Bathroom remodeling professionals must figure out the amount required for remodeling the sink, tub, and toilet. The main issue faced while remodeling bathrooms within a budget is to find out the amount and time you or the hired professional can spend on project.
Demolishing Old Bathroom
After you have finalized the design and budget for your bathroom you need to remove flooring, fixtures and old tiles. While you might think of swinging your sledge hammer, you can rather use systematic and controlled demolition through the bathroom remodel in OKC, TX experts.
- Ensure not to damage electrical or plumbing work while demolishing.
- Close water supply for the sink, shower toilet, and tub.
- Disconnect the sink plumbing and also remove it along with the vanity.
- If you are going to replace the lighting fixtures, turn off the bathroom electricity while removing the lights.
- Remove accessories like toothbrush stand, soap holder, and towel racks.
Addressing the Plumbing
- With the bathroom square footage exposed, prepare plumbing for new fixtures.
- Start with replacing the old toilet flange.
- Remodel shower controls along with showerheads.
- Install a new tub or shower pan.
- You can run a new extension for a water line for the overhead shower or dual shower head.
Adding Blocking for the Grab Bars
- When the walls are opened, it would be perfect to have blocking among search for ensuring support to grab bars.
- When they don’t become a part of the remodeling project, availability of solid materials to secure such safety features, tub and stall safe time in future.
- After the walls are opened it becomes simple to work on the wiring.
- Replace a 15 amp wiring with a 20 amp circuit for accommodating electrical appliances such as hair dryers.
- Install or relocate additional outlets – search app GFCI receptacles for outlets near light and water switches for lining up with vanity.
- Move vent fan close to shower to get more efficient operation.
Close the Walls
- Professionals must install vapor barrier and cement board in tub or shower stall areas.
- Cement boards are moisture-resistant and are good backers for wall tiles.
- For other bathroom walls, you can use drywalls.
- Firstly tile bathroom enclosure or shower walls and then shift to other bathroom areas.
- Install wall tile then work on your floor tiles.
- For both you can use grout but ensure that you’re caulking corners. You can have grout in different colors for enhancing or making it part of the entire bathroom décor.
Installing New Toilet and Adding Accessories
- Installation of new Toilets is quite simple, but you need to carefully consider the installation guide before anyone does it.
- Finish the project with the installation of towel bars, switch plates, shelving installation in addition to other accessories.
It’s best to have professional support for the home remodeling in OKC job if you’re unable to get the required tools for remodeling the bathroom. Either you can rent fixtures and tools for any kind of project or you can get professional help.
Home Renew Offers Following Services :
Home Renew Address: 722 N Broadway Ave Suite 301 Oklahoma City, OK Phone: 405-437-2104